San Angelo ISD will host an immunization clinic in partnership with La Esperanza Clinic Pediatric Health this Monday, September 19, 2022 from 8:30-11:30am at the SAISD Administration Building at 1621 University Avenue. This optional clinic is being held to provide SAISD families another accessible opportunity for students in kindergarten through 12th grade to get Texas-required immunizations.
State law and the Texas Department of State Health Services require that students be fully vaccinated against certain diseases, and provide that all immunizations should be completed by the first day of attendance. As of this Monday, September 19, 2022, students who are not up to date on state-required immunizations* will not be allowed to continue to attend classes until immunizations are shown to have been brought up to date in accordance with Texas law. SAISD cares about our students, and our goal is to partner with our SAISD families so they can be in school where they have the best opportunity to learn every day.
Immunizations available on-site at the clinics will include Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Chickenpox (VAR), Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis (DTAP), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDAP), Meningococcal (MCV), Polio (IPV), and Hepatitis A and B.
Additional details include:
- No pre-registration is required, and walk-ins are welcome
- A parent or guardian must accompany students
- Please bring picture IDs, student shot records and insurance cards. Picture ID must be presented to receive immunizations
- Payment information:
- Please bring insurance information if your student is covered by a health insurance provider. If you are submitting insurance, no payment is required at the time of service, but you must bring your insurance card
- If your student does not have health insurance, parents/guardians will need to sign consent paperwork prior to immunizations and pay a fee of $13.75 per immunization
- If payment cannot be made, immunizations can still be received. Personal check, debit, or cash payments accepted
- La Esperanza staff will administer the immunizations
For more information on immunization requirements, please click here or visit www.saisd.org/immunizations. Click here for a listing of vaccination sites in town for your consideration. You can also download the 2022-2023 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for students grades K–12 from the Texas Department of State Health Services website.
For questions or concerns about immunizations or the immunization clinics at our SAISD middle schools, please contact your child’s school nurse at the campus they attend. For a listing of our campus nurses and contact information, click here.
SAISD is partnering with La Esperanza to provide this opportunity to families for convenience and accessibility. The health, safety and well-being of our students, staff and San Angelo Community continues to be our guiding priority. We appreciate the support and collaboration with La Esperanza Clinic in providing this opportunity to our SAISD families. To stay up-to-date on San Angelo ISD, please visit the SAISD website at www.saisd.org and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
*Or alternatively, submit an Affidavit of Exemption for Reasons of Conscience (must be original affidavit and is only good for 2 years).