Dropoff & Pickup
Santa Rita School Year 2020 - 2021
Hello Everyone! We are committed to providing the best possible environment for your children as they return in these unknown times. Please know that we do not have all of the answers but will work diligently each day to make the health, safety, and education of your children a priority.
Morning Drop Off: Parents are to remain in their cars.
The first bell will ring at 7:35. The tardy bell will ring at 7:40. No students are to be dropped off before 7:15. To help with social distancing, things are a little different this year.
● Kinder and 1st Grade students will enter the campus on Avenue D. They will go to the cafeteria to wait for the bell. Students are to sit with their classmates by teacher. Kinder will be dismissed to the classroom at 7:30 and 1st Grade will be dismissed to the classroom at 7:35. Students are to walk on the right side of the hall socially distanced. Mrs. Richardson and Mrs. Schneider will assist students in getting to class.
● 2nd and 3rd Grade students will be dropped off on Monroe and enter the back gate. They will then make their way to the gym. Students are to sit with their classmates by teacher. 2nd Grade will be dismissed at 7:3o out the front gym door and enter the library wing using the doors by the bathroom. Students will walk socially distanced down the hall on the right side of the hall. 3rd Grade students will be dismissed from the back gym door and enter the library wing from the back. Students will walk socially distanced on the right side of the hall.
● 4th and 5th Grade students will be dropped off on Madison and enter through the front door. 5th grade students will go to their homeroom classrooms. They will walk on the right side of the hall socially distanced. 4th grade students will go to the ART/Maker Space Room. 4th grade students will be dismissed at 7:35 and walk down the right side of hall socially distanced to class.
If you have multiple children you are dropping off, drop all of them off at the youngest child’s designated drop off spot.
● If your child arrives after the 7:45 bell, they will need to access the front door since all gates are locked at 7:45. Students are asked to go directly to their classrooms after checking in at the office.
● Once students are all in the classroom, have them sanitize their hands or wash their hands.
Breakfast will be provided in the classrooms as in years past. The morning show, bell ringers, and various activities will begin at 7:45.
We will be utilizing all of the space in the cafeteria this year to support social distancing so parents will not be allowed to eat lunch with their children. Lunch times will be staggered to help minimize the number of classes in the cafeteria. Lunches will be boxed lunches to minimize the handling of food items. Food choices are still available but are pre-boxed. Students may still bring their lunch from home. We are also not allowing fast food items to be dropped off to students in the office as to minimize traffic and exposure to the campus. Additional lunch information such as menus, pricing, creating lunch accounts, etc. can be found on the SAISD web page under the “Families” tab and on the Santa Rita PTO Facebook Page.
Dismissal Times: Parents are to remain in their cars.
*****Students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade with siblings in the lower grades will be dismissed at 2:50 so they will be with the younger sibling to support the flow of traffic this year. The siblings in the older grades will need to go directly to the point of pick up of the younger sibling(s).
2:45 and 2:50 Dismissals:
● Kinder and 1st Grade Kindergarten will dismiss at 2:45 on Avenue D. 1st Grade students will be dismissed at 2:50 on Avenue D. Parents of these students are asked to access the campus from Live Oak and turn south on Monroe then proceed left onto Avenue D pulling up to the curb so the student(s) can get into the vehicles. Parents are asked not to get out of the vehicles.
● 2nd Grade will be dismissed at 2:50 on Monroe behind the school. Parents are asked to access the campus on Monroe from the south. Classes will be waiting on the rock wall for pick up. Once you have your child, if you could turn left on Avenue H to help minimize traffic elsewhere, it would be greatly appreciated.
● 3rd Grade will be dismissed at 3:00 on Monroe behind the school. Parents are asked to access the campus on Monroe from the south. Once you have your child, if you could turn left on Avenue H to help minimize traffic elsewhere, it would be greatly appreciated.
● 4th Grade will be dismissed on Madison closest to the park. Parents are asked to access the campus on Avenue D from the east. Parents would then turn left (south) onto Jefferson to gain access to the 4th grade drop off area.
● 5th Grade will be dismissed on Madison directly in front of the school. Parents are asked to come from Live Oak and turn south on Madison pulling through the cones.
We are asking all parents to keep updated phone numbers in the office. We must be able to reach you in case of an emergency.
Your support in following the previous procedures will help us promote a positive, safe environment for your child.