Santa Rita offers many ways to tap into students' potential with STEAM-related opportunities. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
Some of the ways we unleash creativity throughout STEAM include:
- STEAM lab that students visit regularly
- ZSpace Augmented Reality modules
- An annual Science Fair, which is judged by Angelo State faculty
- An annual theatre production each year in 2nd-5th grade
- An annual "Fine Arts Academy" where students create and display artwork and perform various talents
- Student-led research projects to support Gifted and Talented enrichment (Texas Research Institute for Young Scholars, otherwise known as TRIYS)
- 1:1 technology integration with iPads and Chromebooks
...and much more! Our teachers and staff are very "tech friendly" and always incorporating new resources and tools to pique student interest and increase rigor.